What has changed?
- Camping on public land is allowed and shared facilities such as showers, laundries and kitchens at campgrounds can open.
- You can gather in groups of up to 10 people.
- Further gradual easing of restrictions for social events and ceremonies, fitness, and sport and recreation.
- If you choose to travel outside your home, please do so responsibly
- Take responsibility for your own hygiene, bring your own hand sanitiser, cover your mouth when coughing or sneezing and be mindful of others
- Physical distancing of 1.5 metres at all times
- If you feel unwell, stay home.
Caravan parks and camping grounds
Camping, including campgrounds and bush camping, is allowed. Communal facilities like kitchens and bathrooms atcampgrounds can open. Physical distancing and gathering directions still apply.
Public toilets will be opened with scheduled cleaning. Ensure personal hygiene and physical distancing is observed.
- Brocks Road from Refrigerator Gap Track to boundary of Alpine National Park, Hume Region
- Cairn Creek Track, Hume Region
- Corn Hill Logging Road and adjoining unnamed tracks, Hume Region
- Haunted Stream State Forest
Beaches are open and accessible for exercise and recreation.
If visiting a beach:
- Gathering sizes can be up to 10 people, however multiple groups of 10 people should not gather close by.
- Victorians are being asked to be considered and use common sense when it comes to their activities.
- You should only leave home if you really need to. We are all being asked to make sacrifices in order to save lives.
Frequently asked questions
- Activities and events on public land
- Hunting on public land
- Public health directions for caravan parks and camping grounds
You can also connect to multiple sources for emergency information, including
- the VicEmergency app - Apple or Google Play
- tuning in to ABC radio or other emergency broadcasters including commercial and community radio stations
- Sky TV
- phoning the VicEmergency hotline on 1800 226 22
- following VicEmergency on Facebook and Twitter.
For park closures go to www.parks.vic.gov.au
For latest information on fires go to www.emergency.vic.gov.au
Page last updated: 26/06/20