Application means the More to Explore Application developed and operated by the Department of Environment, Land, Water and Planning on behalf of the State of Victoria.
Content means all text, graphics, video, information, designs, data and other content available through or arising from this Application.
We, our or us means the State of Victoria, Australia; and
Disclaimer as to the use of the Application
Do not rely solely upon this Application
In remote forest areas, it is easy to get lost or find yourself on unsuitable roads or tracks. Do not rely solely on this Application for directions or for information about the conditions and suitability of tracks and roads. We strongly advise you to take detailed hardcopy maps when visiting unfamiliar areas.
This Application does not provide information on current bushfires and related emergency warnings. Do not use this Application to plan access into affected areas during active fire, flood or storm affected events. For information about current fires and for Fire Danger Ratings and Total Fire Bans you should refer to www.emergency.vic.gov.au and for weather forecasts and warnings the Bureau of Meteorology. Check the weather before you leave. Be fire aware.
For further information to help you safely use and enjoy State forests please see the Tips and News section on the Application, the More To Explore App webpage or the Forest Fire Management Victoria’s Before you go webpage.
Disclaimer as to accuracy of information
This Application is made available for information purposes only.
All text, graphics, video, information, designs, data and other content available through or arising from this Application (Content) is provided to you for general information only. You understand and agree that the Content is not comprehensive, does not constitute advice and has not taken into account your specific circumstances. You understand and agree that your use of the Content is solely at your own risk.
We have taken reasonable care to ensure that the Content is correct and current at the time of publication. However, we make no warranty, either express or implied, concerning the suitability, reliability, availability, timeliness or accuracy of the Content for any purpose.
You acknowledge and accept that:
- errors in the Content may exist such as missing roads, wrongly named roads or incorrect geometry and/or attribution (e.g. 2WD/4WD);
- the reading information displayed on this Application may be insufficient to determine whether a road is suitable for you or your vehicle; and
- you will not rely on the information contained in the Application.
The Content has been created by many different government agencies and third parties and we do not represent or warrant that any of the Content is accurate, authentic or complete, or suitable for your needs. Changes in circumstances after the time of publication may affect the accuracy of the Content.
In no event, will the State of Victoria, its agents, contractors or employees be liable for the accuracy of the Content nor any use or reliance placed on it.
We recommend that you exercise your own skill and care with respect to your use of this Application and that you carefully evaluate the accuracy, currency, completeness and relevance of the Content for your purposes and circumstances, including any and all data.
- to the fullest extent permitted by applicable law, are not liable to you or anyone else for any loss or damage, however caused (including negligence), which may be directly or indirectly suffered in connection with the use or performance of the Application or any Content (including any cost, loss, liability or expense arising from death, personal injury or damage to property); and
- exclude liability (whether that liability arises under contract, tort (including negligence or statute) for any direct, indirect, punitive, incidental, special or consequential loss or damage (including without limitation loss of revenue and loss of, or damage to, property including data) suffered or incurred in connection with the use or performance of the Application or any Content.
If, despite the above provisions, a court determines that we are liable to you, that liability will be limited (at our election) to resupplying the affected service or content to you.
You must indemnify us and hold us harmless against all loss, liability, actions, proceedings, costs, expenses (including legal fees), claims and damages arising from any claim by a third party arising directly or indirectly out of or in connection with:
- any suit, claim or demand brought or made against us by or due to the conduct, act or omission of:
- you; or
- any person accessing the Application through your smartphone, tablet, computer or other electronic device; or
- any person accessing the Application via a user profile that you have created, whether or not you have given the user permission to access the Application through that particular user profile.
Links to external websites
This Application provides hyperlinks to pages contained on external websites and applications. We have no control over the content of any linked website or application or the changes that may occur on those sites. It is your responsibility to make decisions about the accuracy, currency, reliability and correctness of information contained in linked external websites.
Without limiting the application of this clause, you acknowledge and agree that external navigation applications such as Google or Apple Maps may contain incomplete or inaccurate road information, particularly for remote forests roads and may direct you on a route that is not suitable for you or your vehicle.
Unless otherwise indicated, we:
- do not endorse the content of any linked website or application;
- assume no responsibility or liability for the condition or content of any linked website or application or for the operation or function of any service or facility offered on a linked website or application.
Data and system integrity
You understand and acknowledge that the internet is not a secure medium and communications to and from this site may be intercepted or altered in transit. To the extent permitted by law, we make no representation or warranty, either express or implied, that this Application will be free from viruses or any other security threats that may damage any electronic device used to access this Application.
You acknowledge that we will not be responsible for any corruption or failed transmission of any information attributable to your electronic device system or any act or omission of your internet service provider.
You agree not to use any device, software or routine to interfere or attempt to interfere with the proper working of this Application.
You acknowledge that access to this Application:
- may not be continuous or uninterrupted at all times;
- may be interfered with by factors or circumstances outside of our control; and
- will use internet data for which you are solely responsible for payment of.
Unless stated otherwise, copyright and other intellectual property rights in all Content contained in or available from this Application is owned by us or used under licence. We grant you a non-exclusive, non-transferable, revocable licence to access and use the Application.
- may only make limited copies of the Content in accordance with the Copyright Act 1968, including copies for research, study, criticism, review or news reporting; and
- must not reproduce, adapt, modify, communicate to the public or otherwise use any Content (in particular for commercial purposes) without our prior written permission.
All trade marks appearing on this Application belong to their respective owners.
This Application may be used anonymously and only collects anonymous information such as Daily Active Users, Monthly Active Users, retention statistics and Device and operating system breakdowns. If you choose to provide feedback to us, any personal information contained in your feedback will only be used for the purpose of responding to your feedback or to inform improvements to the Application.
Any personal information that this Application collects will be used by and disclosed to Victorian Government employees or contractors whose duties require them to use it in operation of or in connection with the Application. Such employees and contractors are required to protect and handle your personal information in accordance with the Privacy and Data Protection Act 2014 (Vic).
You may request access to any personal information that we may have collected about you. Also, you may request correction of your personal information if you can establish that it is not accurate, complete or up-to-date. To access or correct any personal information held by the department, please contact us by emailing [email protected]