We employ field based, seasonal firefighters to assist with planned burning and the prevention and suppression of bushfires in parks and forests. It's a job where no two days are the same.
Applications for the 2017-18 season have now closed.
Seasonal Project Firefighters
Seasonal project firefighters complement our permanent firefighting staff and are responsible for bushfire suppression and prevention activities including planned burning. Many project firefighters return from previous years, bringing with them valuable skills and experience. All firefighters are trained comprehensively before being involved in fire operations.
Positions are available each year (generally between November and April) and include:
- firefighter (includes designated Australian Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander people positions)
- rappel and hover exit crews (specialist firefighting roles performed in remote locations)
- fire support officers (limited positions)
Project Firefighter Medical Assessment
Firefighting roles are physically and psychologically demanding.
Project Firefighters must meet our highest medical standards:
- Category A Firefighter – Rappel / Hover Exit
- Category B Firefighter – Arduous
If you are considering applying for a Project Firefighter position, and would like to discuss your health or medical suitability for a role, please contact our medical provider:
Unified Healthcare Group (UHG)
Email: [email protected]
Phone: Injury Prevention Team on 03-9692 7777 (press Option 2)
These fact sheets provide more detail about the medical requirements: